(Our background readings.)
- In 2006 the Board of County Commissioners appointed a task force to make recommendations on Charter forms of government. The Task Force unanimously recommended adoption of charter home rule. Read their report here.
- Delegate Leroy Myers says Charter Home Rule will allow Washington County to take care of day-to-day business. Herald Mail article June 19, 2013.
- Code Home Rule vs Commissioner vs Charter Home Rule comparison table.
- Ten Charter Home Rule “Must Read” Articles.
- The Frederick County Maryland charter as adopted!