The Washington County League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization that encourages informed and active participation in government and works to increase understanding of national, state and local public policy through education and advocacy.
ABOUT THE LEAGUE
The League of Women Voters of Washington County assists citizens to become more informed participants in their community and their government by
Conducting community forums on local, state, and national issues, and distributing informational brochures and other publications (click here to review our rules for balanced forums);
- Citizens can keep abreast of local government meetings via the County Commissioner's meetings posted on their Facebook page like the State of the County, or
- Follow the City of Hagerstown Mayor and Council meeting on Facebook, or view the City State of the City here.
The League also conducts studies on issues such as transportation, housing, environmental concerns, campaign reform, etc. (See the Positions page for past studies from LWVs all over the state.) After the study has been completed and a consensus has been reached, the League states its position. At that point, the League may encourage action and/or advocacy on the local, state, or national levels.
Forums in 2020: (All to be held at the Fletcher Branch of the Washington County Free Library in rooms 308/9)
- April 9, 2020, 7:00 p.m. 6th District Congressional Primary
- September 24, 2020, &:00 p.m. - Hagerstown Mayor and Council
- October 8, 2020, 7:00 p.m. - Board of Education
- October 15, 2020, 7:00 p.m. 6th District Congressional
We'd like to
hear from you!
Click on the pencil to contact our local LWV.
League of Women Voters of Washington County
1117 Fairview Road
Hagerstown MD 21742